Re: [edlug] Network problem - solved

On Monday 27 October 2003 11:01, Kevin Sangeelee wrote:
> The Media Link Off looks like the card might be failing on autosense. Try
> bringing the card up as the only thing connected to the hub. Also, try
> using ifconfig manually to bring the card up, specifying 'media'

Right, that did the trick.  It appeared to work when I used /sbin/ifconfig
with the argument 'media 10baseT' manually (even though it came up in the
logs as 'eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex'.  Can anyone explain
this?).

I added
MEDIA=100baseT

to /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 and it all starts up properly now.  Don't
know if the line in ifcfg-eth0 is doing anything, or if it just decided to
start working again.

Still no idea why it stopped working in the first place though.

Thanks for the tip.

Richard.
-