Re: [edlug] Digital camera compatibility with Linux

To be honest I much prefer the external card option.

Get a card reader for your PC so there is no "where the hell did that
cable go and where do I plug it in" mess. Then get a printer that can
read the card directly (I use the HP PSC 2355) which gives amazing
quality prints (if you feed in high quality paper). It has also a small
screen for previewing the photos to print, or (as it is a scanner -
printer combo) you can print a "proof sheet" and mark the photos to
print and the number per page etc.

Buy photo-sized paper and choose a list of images from the card and you
get shop-printed quality photos :)

--