From: Catriona & Anand <trianand@xxx.xxx.xxx>
To: edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:16:29 +0100
Subject: [edlug] Which firewall?

Hi all,

I am about to connect an old OS 9 Imac to the web. Its internal modem is dead.
To save cost I will network it via ethernet to an old headless 486 running
some version of linux with firewall and an external serial modem.

I may possibly want to run a web cache on the linux box, but no other fancy
stuff.

What are people's recommendations for a linux + firewall installation. It is
some months since I looked at the state of play. I am leaning toward
Debian...

Thanks,

Anand

-